Sentry Pool Valve
The Only Dynamic Modulating, Main Drain, Fill Valve
The Sentry Pool Valve is a mechanically operated self-contained system that automatically modulates the water flow balance between the main drains and the skimmers to optimize the skimming function. This is accomplished by the use of a specially designed gate valve with an integrated float system to control the water balance in the surge tank. The integral freshwater make-up valve automatically opens when required to allow potable water to enter the surge tank and replace the water lost from evaporation, pool decks, and bather runoff.
- Saves water, energy & chemicals
- No electric or pneumatic sensors or power
- Uninterrupted perfectly balanced skimming
- More Accurate water testing due to constant blending
- More accurate chemical treatment since water is added slowly
- Accurate surge tank level setting eliminating unnecessary overflow waste to sanitary
|Float Travel Height
- Installation clearance requirements are 8″ on both sides and 6″ from bottom on all models
The primary function of the Sentry Pool Valve is to modulate the amount of water taken from the bottom of the pool, using the gutter return as the primary source of water. Any deficiency can be made up by the Sentry Pool Valve to maintain the correct level setting of the pump pit.
It is recommended that the modulator be mounted on lug type butterfly valve to allow for isolating the main drain for servicing of any equipment in the main drain pit.
It removes the connection to the main drain from the filtration pump removing all suction and any possibility for entrapment; essentially, it is a VGB compliant valve.
As the level of the pool drops, the volume of water returning through the gutter return diminishes because the surge pit is volumetrically much smaller than the pool. A minor change in flow translates into a greater elevation change in the surge pit. When this happens, the float on the valve drops, opening the gate to maintain the level set in the pit, ensuring water for the pump.
The make-up water valve will react to a one-inch elevation change in the surge pit (not in the swimming pool), adding make-up water until the gutter return flow is at its original rate.
There are several benefits to adding make-up water in this manner, not only to the pool operator but to the general public.
- 4″ – 16″ standard design with slotted flange bolt holes for easy installation
- Install Vertical or Horizontal
- Maximizes 80% flow from gutters and 20% from main drains
- 304L Stainless Steel construction
- UHMW friction and bearing surfaces to reduce and ensure long life
- Operator saves time in estimating how much make-up to add to allow the pool to skim
- One of the most important benefits is the constant skimming action, which allows debris and dirt to be skimmed immediately before sinking to the bottom, eliminating the need for vacuuming as frequently, while maintaining the cleanliness of the pool for the public
- Also, in a competitive pool, the wake created by swimmers goes over the gutter and does not return to the pool, eliminating water resistance
Sentry Pool Valve is built to be the best main drain modulating valve available today, using only the best materials for the harsh aquatic environment.